Fire Red Candy Apples Recipe
These bright red apples would surely catch the eye of all the kids at your next Halloween party. Serve theses yummy treats and be the first to welcome in the fall season. Our Apple Cooking information will show you some different ways to use the fall apple harvest.
- 8 medium apples, green or red
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 drops red food coloring
- Wash and dry apples, remove stems and insert a wooden stick into the bottom (not stem end) of the apples; approximately 2/3 of the way into the apple. Set apples aside.
- In saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat slowly on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture starts to boil, stop stirring and leave boiling until candy mixture reaches 300Â°F on a candy thermometer, or until a small amount of mixture dropped into cold water separates into breakable threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in food coloring. Wait until mixture stops bubbling, then add vanilla, mix well.
- Dip each apple into the mixture while mixture is still hot, swirl to cover apple evenly. You will need to work fast to get all the apples dipped before mixture becomes too hard.
- Place dipped apple on greased cookie sheet or greased wax paper.